Friday, July 8, 2011

My Favorite Swim Workout

One of my favorite things about the summer is the luxury of swimming outside.  Above is a pic of the Chicago Park District pool that I frequent June through August.  The pool itself is not that amazing, but pair it with a crystal blue sky, a few other lap swimmers and an 80 degree day and it brings me pure joy.  

As I often swim by myself during these warmer months I have a few go-to workouts that I do on my own.   They are fun, interesting and make the time go by quickly.  Below is my all time fave.

Warmup- 300 swim, 200 pull, 100 kick
1 x 200 build
2 x 150 mid 50 is fast
3 x 100 build set
4 x 50 IM order
Repeat from bottom up (if you are a strong swimmer or feeling awesome)

Give this workout a try and let me know how you like it!
-Coach A www.sparkmultisport.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment